Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Gluten-Free Replacement for Rawmen Noodles


I loved raw-men noodles for years until I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  Since my diagnosis I've had to give up a lot of old favorites--shredded wheat, cream of wheat, raw-men noodles and french bread to name a few.  As a result, I've found new and fun ways to still be lazy and eat fun foods too--like mac-n-cheese and today's recipe, non-raw-men noodles!

It's super easy! 

Ingredients:
1cup your favorite broth
(chicken, beef, vegetable or even water with a cube of GF bullion)
1 large handful of rice sticks

Preparation:
Bring broth to a boil, add rice threads and remove from heat.  Let stand 10 minutes.

I will admit it's not quite as good as the real thing, but it is pretty tasty!  My little testers gobbled it up in record time for eating noodles and I rather liked it as well. 
Next time I might add a frozen vegetable medley to the mix, or some pepper.  the rice noodles hold onto their firm texture really well so if your like your noddles soggy you'll want to increase the cook time.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment