Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Here we go again...

So, since I last posted on my blog, we moved to Missouri, moved into my parents house in Missouri (thanks goodness that is over!) then to Georgia, then off-post in Georgia.  We tried public school again (long story short--it didn't work out), tried K12 (again, didn't work out), got back to traditional home-school and have been struggling to get with the program ever since.  I lost my log-in for the other account that I was posting on here with... I just figured it out after much trial and error.  I gained another 15lbs, making me a total of 40# overweight... and we discovered that my mystery stomach illness was actually a side effect of my birth control.  Moral of the story--if at first you don't succeed, try try again.  So here I am:


One of my goals this year is to get a move on again!  

I've been working hard the last few weeks and I'm at that point where my fat and my muscles are staring to separate and it makes me look and feel EVEN FATTER!  But I'm trying to stick with it by telling myself things like "when you make it down to 165# you can get your hair done" and "you need new running clothes" and buying myself a niftly little fitbit flex tracker thing.  I actually rather like it, it's small, not exceptionally accurate, but it helps me feel motivated and like I'm working on the days when I'm doing stuff.  It also helps me to keep up with tracking, I really need to track if I'm going to get anywhere this body project.

My plan is simple:

Track what I eat and do.  And DO what I like to do--I bought a trampoline (for the kids *wink*) and a pair of roller-blades (for which I have no excuse), and have started doing yoga again thanks to Grokker!  I make a point of doing some kind of exercise everyday, so far so good. 



Another of my goals is to get my kids caught up on school and moving diligently to where they need to be.  

 

There have been a few big huddles in this area, one of them being Mo needs speech therapy and it's been nothing but drama the past 4 years trying to get him into it.  Another being that Izz has a reading delay and a diagnosis of ADHD which may or may not be what is actually going on with him.  The short version is that no matter what I seem to try, reading just doesn't stick in his head and he has the attention span of a squirrel on caffeine. 

My plan for this is pretty straight forward:


Contact and harass Tricare and the local school district until Mo gets the speech therapy he needs.  Take Izz in for a full psych evaluation (the appointment has already been made for later this month--I'm sure it will get it's own entire post on here) and look into occupational therapy and/or a reading tutor.  Actually use the curriculum we have.  Be patient.  Keep trying.  Pray often.  Play often.  Focus on the basics.  Field-trip Fridays--I have an awesome friend who is planned out pretty much the whole summer of field-trips and we are excited!  (The pic is from our first trip of the summer--we went to Oatland Wildlife Center and we WILL be returning!)


Lastly for now, I want to get back into my writing and limit my time melting my brain on facebook.  

 

The plan: 

Start blogging again!  If I use my blog to keep in touch with my family and friends, then I don't have to spend as much time on FB... and the other part is just self control.  Wish me luck.   

No comments:

Post a Comment